07 Nov STYLE GUIDE : SHOP WITH MARLOES
STYLE GUIDE : SHOP WITH MARLOES
Dream girl. Achingly beautiful and equally grounded, we sit down with supermodel and all round summer goddess, Marloes Horst, to chat all things life and style. Hailing from the Netherlands, the now New York based bombshell spills the beans on her ultimate icons, illustrious beauty tips and the wardrobe staples she’d be lost without. Be captivated.
Career highlight so far?
Ugh I can’t pick just one! I’m proud of many things I’ve done like working with Victoria’s Secret, shooting Sports Illustrated and a contract with Maybelline, But maybe I’m most proud of having been able to be part of the Pirelli calendar since it’s so exclusive and iconic.
Best advice you have been given?
To just breathe. Everyone has bad days and things that might annoy them, like in my case a lot of delayed flights. Just relax, breathe and accept the situation.
Your ultimate style icon?
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. She’s nailed the casual chic look!
Must have wardrobe staples?
A jean jacket and high waisted jeans. Those pieces can make any outfit look cool.
Favourite piece of clothing you own?
My vintage Levi’s jeans.
How do you stay fit?
Food is most important and the hardest for me! I like working out so that has never been a problem. I do boxing, pilates and basic cardio. But if you want the flat tummy you have to watch what you eat. Go crazy on veggies and all the healthy things your mom always pushed you to eat 😉 and leave the sweets and treats only for special occasions.
Top 5 beauty products?
• Fresh Soy Cleanser. It’s my favourite. I use this every day to clean my skin. It’s very gentle and takes everything off.
• Mario Badescu Azulene Calming Mask. I really helps relax my skin after I fly or wear a lot of make up on set which can upset my skin.
• Caudalie Beauty Elixir, I always have it on me. It has essential oils in it, which makes it smell amazing and uplifting. It’s great for feeling refreshed on a plane or during hot summer days.
• Sara Happ Lip Scrub and Balm. I only just got introduced to these produces and am obsessed with how my lips look and feel after using both products.
• Mun Skin Care, Rejuvenating Rose Toner. It’s an all natural oil that I use on my body and smells define!
Favourite place you have travelled?
Madagascar was very impressive and the Maldives was just a slice of heaven.
Best part about summer?
Daylight savings! I can’t wait for the days to get longer and wake up with the sun.
Favourite song/album at the moment?
I’m really liking the new Adele album. The woman can do no wrong!
Best part about living in NYC?
It’s a very exciting city! There is always something going on. I leave my apartment and on every walk around town I will bump into fun things.. a band playing, a market, an artist painting the most beautiful skyline. Its just very fun.. all the time!
What is your biggest indulgence?
Scented candles. I am obsessed! There is never not a scented candle burning in my apartment.
• SHOP THE MARLOES EDIT •